Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
Clear communication can be hampered when a message is sent or received in “self-defense” mode.
Have you ever expressed an opinion that led others to become defensive or hostile - even if you didn’t mean it personally?
Many people have reasons for believing they’re being attacked. Defensive behavior can lead to hurt feelings, arguments and hostilities, often affecting a variety of relationships.
The Defensiveness Chain that is created impairs communication and reduces productivity. Communicating Non-Defensively shows why everyone is naturally defensive and shows people how to get past it using five essential skills that promote a productive work environment.
Through visuals and exercises, the video training shows:
- How to disengage from a defensive position
- How to empathize and disarm a defensive person
- How to inquire and focus on the issues
- How to disclose ones own needs and goals non-defensively
- How to depersonalize the issues
Viewers gain a clear understanding of why all people are naturally defensive, as well as learn the symptoms and consequences of inappropriate defensiveness. This video shows that we all must be responsible for how we deliver AND receive messages.
Participants will learn to:
- Express themselves openly and effectively
- Shift away from the defensive
- Guide others toward better communication
This video package includes a leader’s guide and participant’s workbook.
produced by CRM