Enterprise Media is your one stop solution for your training needs: including streamed learning, DVDs, USBs, and more.
What is Cultural Competency? In simple terms, it’s medicine at its best: patient-centered care.
Healthcare providers who are sensitive to the cultural and religious beliefs of the communities they serve, particularly surrounding health and illness, provide patient-centered care.
It’s considered cultural competency and it’s a regulation in hospitals around the country.
This program is designed to address the delicate nature of cultural competency. Cultural Competency Just Good Healthcare will increase the level of communication between staff and patient with realistic examples of healthcare scenarios.
Key Learning Points
- Trains healthcare professionals about patient assessment tools that allows employees to explain illnesses and treatment, identify healing, negotiate treatment, intervene and collaborate with patient family members.
- Realistic healthcare scenarios representing many different cultures and beliefs.
- Additional content and insights to enhance the comprehension and retention of this critical information.
Cultural Competency Just Good Healthcare cultivates respect, trust and sensitivity via the E.T.H.N.I.C process, a five-step approach that allows healthcare professionals to connect with their patients and facilitate a more patient-sensitive treatment. E.T.H.N.I.C stands for Explanation, Treatment, Healers, Negotiation, Intervention, and Collaboration.
- Cultural Competency Just Good Healthcare DVD (16 Minutes)
- Customizable PowerPoint Presentation
- Expanded Leader's Guide
Guides & Workbooks
- Download Cultural Competency - Leader’s Guide Sample
Only preview versions of handouts can be viewed without a license.